Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bringing Sexy Back

I was speaking with a sweet friend a few weeks back and mentioned to her that I had not been feeling sexy as of late. What I really meant was that I hadn't been feeling very feminine/attractive. You know that pep you have when you're looking good - it seems to have vanished for me. These days I've been feeling plain and frumpy. So here's a quick list of what makes me feel sexy, put-together and all-around confident.



Soft, shaven, sun-kissed skin


Long, tousled hair (My hair is naturally curly so the grass is of course always greener...)


Passionate kisses...

and sweet kisses too


The film Something New with Sanaa Lathan and Simon Baker


Their chemistry is almost tangible and how sexy is the nail polish scene?!


Robin Thicke's tunes are synonymous with s-e-x-y. Here's a stand-out song called I Need Love


So on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I made an effort to dress up, got my hair did and put on some makeup. It was nice to finally get out of my rut. Personal experience has led me to this conclusion - albeit an obvious one - feeling good and making an effort go hand in hand. It's amazing what a difference shaven legs can make, at least for me. So, take some time for yourself and invest in what makes you feel confident and alive.

What makes you feel sexy or put-together?

xo, L

What makes you feel better about yourself?

1 comment:

  1. For me, I feel my sexiest when I wear a vampy shade of Red lipstick, tousled hair and heels. I'm also a fan of sleeping in a man's shirt and some cheeky boyshorts. Great post!

    ReplyDelete