Thursday, July 21, 2011

Going...Going...Done

It's 8:27 pm and I'm finally at home. I'm in my bed wearing my favorite Flashdance-inspired t-shirt courtesy of my beloved sister. (Thank you, Jack-Face)

If there's one thing I dislike it's coming home late from a long day with no time to relax. None at all. There's only time to prepare for the next day and get to bed only to do it all over again.
Now, I'm a list-maker, this we all know, so I enjoy routine and tradition. But I love to unwind and relax. I enjoy quiet evenings that allow me to re-charge so I'm glad that tonight, on this rainy summer Thursday, I have been awarded that opportunity.

As my work day was coming to an end, my mind was flooded with things to do and I fully intended on making it happen but was reminded by a dear friend to slow down and enjoy the moment.
Not only have I been go-go-go this week, I was non-stop last week and the weekend was so eventful that there was no downtime. Fun, but still, no downtime. So, at the urging of my long-time friend, the task of the evening is now to do absolutely nothing and revel in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment