Saturday, July 23, 2011

Playlist - Top 25 Most Played Songs

I truly believe that you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their Top 25 Most Played Songs on iTunes.

I was feeling rather introspective as I was cleaning my house last weekend and realized that most of my top songs are love songs. Now, I love a good love song, but come on. Almost all the songs are about love. Some fast, some slow. Most in English with others in Spanish. But most about love. A hopeless romantic is what I am - clearly evident in my playlist.

But come to think of it, love truly is what's sung about the most - when we long for it, when it's unrequited, when our hearts are broken or on the mend, when love's new or when it's tried and true, the passion, the heat, the mountains and the valleys, about our family and our friends, love lost and love renewed and when we find love again... we can go on and on and so do the songs.

So, here's a snapshot of my Top 25 Playlist...


Tennessee - Peal Harbor - Hans Zimmer


I don't think there will ever be another reigning song on my Top 25. I've loved this song since I heard it play throughout the film when I was in high school. The strings and keys are such a lovely, soft combination.  And I'm sure it's because of the movie but I feel like I'm flying when I hear it.  Brothers along with And Then I Kissed Him... are equally beautiful.

Songbird - Love Actually Soundtrack - Eva Cassidy


Thanks to glee, I discovered that this song is originally a Fleetwood Mac song but I've gotta say, I prefer this version hands-down.  I heard the song in a scene from Love Actually where Sarah, who's in love with Carl, and Carl, who's in love with Sarah, finally get together. The song has such feeling and the words are simple yet profound.   



Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - Alicia Keys - The Element of Freedom


This song helped me mourn the dissolution of a relationship. One line in particular stood out above the rest ... So rather than hold on to a broken dream, I'll just hold on to love...
No bashing, no regrets. Only moving on and looking ahead.

What are some of your Top 25 songs? And no, they don't have to be a love song...

xoxo, L





No comments:

Post a Comment