Monday, July 4, 2011

To-Do List Update

I'm happy to announce that all items on my To-Do List have been completed! {Insert applause and praise}


Well, the only exception is practicing guitar since that's a life-long task but the practice has been consistent. The Brooke Fraser song, Something in the Water, which I have been learning is proving to be extra challenging.  But as they say, whoever they may be, Practice makes perfect and so practice I shall. Learning to play an instrument is something I really, really want to master. As a singer, I understand my strengths and weaknesses and one of the areas in which I lack is range. Sure wish I could hit the High E above C like Christina Aguilera or pound my chest like Celine Dion but I can't and I never will. It's just not in my natural ability.  That's where guitar playing comes in - I can sing and play at the same time. A feat that not all vocalists can do and a goal that I surely will accomplish. Plus, I can be my very own one-(wo)man show.

The Madrid accomodations have finally been booked! My upcoming vacation had felt like it was light years away but now I can see it in the horizon and I cannot wait. The hostel is highly rated on Trip Advisor and was featured in Fodors. Our room has an exterior view with a quaint balcony overlooking the city center. This will surely be a trip to remember!

While perusing the film selections at my local library, I found Vicky Cristina Barcelona and watched it on my day off last week.  It immediately excited me - the scenery, the long, no-rush dinners, Javier Bardem's English-speaking accent and the music.  Here's a scene from the film where you can hear some of the soothing sounds of Spanish guitar. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment